Cookies on this website
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you click 'Continue' we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies and you won't see this message again. Click 'Find out more' for information on how to change your cookie settings.


Most graduate students are offered College accommodation for at least part of their time in Oxford (see the College websites).  If your College is unable to provide you with the accommodation that you need, you can check the University Student Accommodation Search service.

Alternatively, the Graduate Accommodation Office lets and manages rooms, flats and houses in and around Oxford city centre, on sites owned by the University, to full-time graduate students. To find further information on graduate student properties, full contact details for the Graduate Accommodation Office team, and how to apply for accommodation, please visit the website. For help with accommodation information for visiting students, academics and staff members, visit the Studentpad website, hosted by the Graduate Accommodation Office, where a number of private landlords advertise for tenants associated with the University.

Lodging with a family can provide a higher quality of accommodation and security, but you have to adapt your lifestyle to your host.


Daily Info is a monthly Oxford publication that has lots of adverts for all sorts of accommodation, including houses and house- and flat-shares. People looking for Lodgers also tend to place ads here. Using Daily Info, or the University Gazette (see below) will also allow you to avoid agent's fees, but properties can be snapped up very fast!

Oxford University Gazette is the University's official newsletter, and is always worth checking for places to rent.

Flat Share and Gumtree are two bulletin boards for finding house shares.

Oxford Housing Rights Centre

11 New Road
, Oxford
, OX1 1LT
  tel: 01865 247853

This is a drop in centre for advice on all aspects of housing in Oxford. They have an information and accommodation board and provide lists of available accommodation, mainly from advertisements in shop windows.

Letting Agents