Research Data Archive
ORA-Data (Oxford Research Archive for Data) was developed largely in response to emerging funder policies regarding research data, and it offers a service to record, archive and enable the discovery and sharing of data produced by Oxford research staff. The service sits within the long-established Oxford Research Archive (ORA) for publications so that data can easily be linked to related research outputs, and further information may be found at the Bodleian's Data Archiving (ORA-Data) page.
The service is aimed at:
- research staff who wish to include an entry for their dataset in the University's catalogue of research data, irrespective of where that data is archived
- research staff who need a repository in which to deposit their research data, especially data that underpins publications
However, it is not intended to store:
- data still in active (live) use by research projects
- data that has been created exclusively by researchers not affiliated with the University of Oxford
- confidential or sensitive data, unless sufficiently anonymized
You can use ORA-Data by visiting the Oxford Research Archive (ORA) website, clicking 'Deposit' in the menu bar, selecting 'Data' from the list of options, and then following the six-step deposit process. Further information about depositing is available from the ORA-Data LibGuide or by email.
For more general information about managing research data, please visit the University's Research Data Oxford website.