How do I edit an existing page?
Types of pages
Haiku has two types of pages - a web page and a cover page.
Web pages contain a rich text editor which can be accessed through the Edit button in the top left corner.
A cover page allows you to design the page's layout. A cover page contains a layout button and a compose button both of which appear in the top left corner.
Cover Page Layout
To edit a Cover Page's layout:
- Click on the Layout button which can be found at the top left corner of the page
- A box will appear on the left of the page and is called drag and drop tiles. This contains different tiles for different uses. For example, a Rich text tile allows you to add some text to your page.
Using the rich text editor
- Paste as plain text function (CTRL+Shift+V)
- Starts a new paragraph. Alternatively, press Return
- Creates an unordered (bullet point) list
- Creates an ordered (numbered) list. Use an ordered list only if the order matters
- Adds a link to highlighted text. More on how to add a link to a page
- Removes a link
- Adds a table
- Inserts a row before
- Inserts a row after
- Deletes a row
- Inserts a column before
- Inserts a column after
- Deletes a column
- Splits merged table cells
- Merges table cells
When copying from Word, it is highly recommended to eliminate all previous formatting:
- Copy the text from a Word document
- Click on the Paste as Plain text icon
- Then Paste (CTRL+V) into the text editor
How do I add a table?
- Select the page
- Click Edit
- Click the Insert/edit table button
- Select the number of rows and columns
- Click Insert
- Type in the table's cells
- Click Save.